APA Style Guide
The Owl of Purdue has a wonderful online writing center:
APA Title Page
- Title: Centered and descriptive
- Author: Appears under the title along with the home institution.
- Running Header: Shortened title - should be aligned left and in the header with page number
APA Reference Page
- Contains all references cited within the paper.
- Items should be alphebetized by the author's last name or title (when no author is available).
- All items should have hanging indents; the second line and all subsequent lines are indented five space.
- Microsoft Word - Paragraph - Special - Hanging Indent
- Double space with 12-point font and a continuation of paging in the header. Do not start new paging for the Reference page.
- James, I. (2007). Hard work: Writing the research paper. London: Haworth Press.
- Last name, First initial. (Copyright year). Title of the book: Subtitle of the book. Place of publication: Publisher.
- If you have more than one place of publication, just pick one.
- Always go with the most current copyright year.
- "Weather." (2006). The dictionary of weather terminology (4th ed., pp.5-7). New York: Oxford University Press.
- Please note: The term "Weather" is the term searched in the dictionary.
- Sampson, B, & Smith, A. (2010). Money talks: The art of finance. The Economist, 16(4), 114-119.
- Terrance, A. (2010, March 3). Malaria: The unknown killer of the Amazon. Field Nursing, 14-18.
- Cor, F. (2010, June 9) Killer bees. The Times, 1a, 4a.
APA Web Page
- Sims, B., & Right, D. MMR Vaccination Statistics. Retrieved March 6, 2011, from http://www.cdc.gov